Hey Lovely Friend,
Today, I want to share with you an elegant morning ritual that helps me start my day off feeling inspired, relaxed, and in love with life. Taking the time to go through this morning ritual helps the rest of my day to flow while I stay in good vibes. In sharing this with you, I hope you will find something that resonates and which you can bring into your daily practice to brighten up your day. So here goes!
- As soon as I wake up and am still in bed, I put my attention on my heart and think of something or someone that I love. I spend some time dwelling on the feeling of love until my heart feels alive and softened.
- I start giving gratitude as I get out of bed to start my day. I try to give gratitude for the little things that are in my present experience because I find it helps keep my gratitude fresh, and not something I'm repeating from the day before. I like to say my gratitude in this way..."I LOVE having warm water to wash my hands with. It feels so comforting and pleasurable. Thank you!"..."I LOVE having this towel to dry my hands on. It feels so soft and plush. Thank you!" and so on for each experience. This step really gets me in a positive vibe, and puts me in the frame of mind of appreciating life throughout my day.
- I sit for 20 to 30 minutes to meditate in my favorite place which I have decorated with fresh flowers, candles, and beautiful, intricate furniture. I simply get comfortable while sitting on my sofa chair, close my eyes and get still. I make a conscious decision to not move my body at all so that the physical calmness reflects back to mental calmness. I also find it helpful to focus on relaxing my neck, shoulders and upper back more and more until I am in a state of meditative bliss.
- Upon arising from the sweet meditative state, I grab my journal and I do scripting. Scripting is the practice of writing out the ideal life that I wish for, as though it's already happening now. I write it in short sentences that reflect my ideal life in the various areas of my life. Here's a sample sentence from my journal..."I love that I now own an animal farm & horse ranch where my boys can grow up loving and nurturing animals" or ..."I'm so happy and grateful now that I'm a black belt martial artist". Note that these are not reflective of my current reality, but what I'd like to experience in my near future - however, I word it as though it's already happened and I'm already living it. I have found scripting to be a powerful tool for making my dreams a reality, and I'm always surprised by how quickly my desires become physical reality if I'm consistent with it. I wrap up my scripting by giving thanks for all that I already have, and what's coming my way.
- I pick a word for how I wish to show up in the world that day. I ask myself "Who do I want to be today?" and then I let the answer come to me. Some days it's the word Love, other days it's Patience, or Wisdom etc. I try to keep this word in the forefront of my consciousness for the day, and whenever a challenge arises, I repeat this word before reacting. This practice has helped me immensely in retaining composure when things go awry.
- Lastly, I look over my to-do list for the day to know my priorities, and where I should be spending my time. This helps me be mindful of my time and energy throughout the day. I make my to-do list the night before.
Now it's your turn! Do you have a morning ritual that you follow? I'd love to hear about it, so comment below and tell me all about it!
I hope this has served you!
With Love & Blessings