You've been working hard all week, but now the weekend is here. You could spend it out with friends or relaxing at home. Or you could do both! If you're like me, though, sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves after a long week—especially when it comes to our skin. There's no better way to unwind after a long day than by pampering yourself with skin care products and taking a nice bath (or shower). This is how I do it.
Always Remove Your Makeup First
You're tired, you've had a long week, and all you want to do is crawl into bed. But before you do that, there's one more thing: taking off your makeup.
It may seem like an unnecessary step but it can actually have a huge impact on the overall health of your skin--especially if you wear foundation or powder on a regular basis. If not removed properly, these products can clog pores and cause breakouts down the line.
So how do we get rid of those pesky products? Here are some tips!
Use A Gentle Cleanser
After a long week, your skin is likely to be tired and in need of some extra TLC. A gentle cleanser will remove all the dirt and grime that has built up over the course of your busy week, but it will also be kind to your complexion by not stripping away essential moisture.
You can find moisturizing cleansers at most drugstores and big box stores, so if you're looking for something affordable and easy-to-find, this option is a good one!
Don't Forget To Exfoliate
It's easy to forget about exfoliating when you're in a rush, but it's one of the best ways to get your skin looking its best. Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells and give way for new ones to emerge, leaving you with smoother, brighter skin.
To exfoliate properly:
- Use a gentle scrub once or twice a week (more often if you have dry or sensitive skin).
- Be careful not to overdo it--you don't want to irritate any existing acne breakouts!
Make Your Own Mask, If You Can
If you're feeling like your skin could use some extra love, it's time to make yourself a mask. There are a lot of ways to go about this, but if you want something that has the least amount of effort involved, we recommend using ingredients that are easy to find and natural.
Ingredients: -1 tablespoon honey -1 tablespoon yogurt (either plain or vanilla flavored) -1 teaspoon ground oatmeal
Take The Time To Relax Or Take A Bath Or Shower
- Take the time to relax or take a bath or shower.
- Use a face mask, scrub and wash that you like and make sure it's gentle enough for your skin type. Make sure not to leave it on too long though!
- If you want to get fancy, try using an exfoliating lotion or toner before applying moisturizer. This is especially helpful if you have sensitive skin since these products will remove dead skin cells without irritating the rest of your face
Try Now: Organic Acne Face Moisturizer
Pamper Yourself By Taking Care Of Your Skin
When you have a long week and feel like your skin needs some TLC, here are some things you can do:
- Take a bath or shower with warm water and Epsom salt. The magnesium in Epsom salt helps relieve stress, so it's perfect for this purpose!
- Moisturize after washing your face with a gentle cleanser that won't strip away moisture from the surface of your skin (or add more). Then moisturize again after applying makeup or sunscreen if needed. Make sure to use SPF daily if you spend time outdoors; otherwise, moles will appear on your face due to UV exposure!
- Put on some face masks once per week--they'll make everything brighter! If possible try out new ones each time until eventually one sticks around as part of your routine; then take care not only what goes into making them but also where they come from since there are many options available online these days such as online stores like Amazon which sell everything from food items like ice cream cones made outta chocolate bars all the way down through cosmetics including brushes used specifically designed for applying foundation products evenly onto faces before putting them on sale at discounted prices against competitors who may charge more than double what retailers charge here at least when comparing prices per ounce between different brands offering similar products despite having very different names attached thereto."
Try Now: Organic & Vegan Bio Glow Foundation
It's a good idea to take some time each week to pamper yourself. It doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive; just a few simple steps can help you feel more relaxed and refreshed when you need it most. If you're feeling stressed out or overwhelmed, try these tips for taking care of your skin after a long week.